Tell Us about the coaches and what they do...
Concussions & Medical Info
Concussion Info for Coaches
Rookie Rugby 7's Manual
Rookie Rugby 7's Rule Book
Junior Coaching Manual
Positive Coaching Alliance
Become a Coach
For those who were unable to attend the coach’s meeting on Feb. 25, click here to see the information presented. Please contact us with any questions.
Our coach to player ratio is what helps to make playing for the Wapiti so much fun. Thank you to all of our dedicated coaches who have stepped up in the past. The requirements for coaching have been increased by USA Rugby for 2013, however.
To become a coach in 2013, you must complete the following steps:
- Become a member of USA Rugby (Wapiti had previously registered and paid on your behalf – we cannot now do so)
- Registration link: https://membership.usarugby.org/default.aspx (former USA Rugby members should find their CIPP information in the system).
- Submit your registration as “Coach” at either the “Rookie Rugby” level (minimum for all of our coaches) or “Youth Contact” level if you plan on attending a coaching certification (200 level) course.
- Pay the $65 registration fee.
- Complete the Player Protection Package (click here)
- Complete the CDC Concussion Awareness Program (free)
- Complete the Safe Sport Rugby Training (free using the code received in coaching registration email from USA Rugby)
- Complete the 100 level Certification Course
- Currently accomplished by completing the IRB Rugby Ready Course: http://www.irbrugbyready.com/
- Email Chase Langdon (email@example.com) to notify him of your completion.
- If you are planning on coaching or assisting one of our Middle School (5/6 or 7/8) tackle 15s squads, you should register for the 200 level course which will be in Chicago on Jan. 26th. Registration here: 200 Level
- Cost for the 200 level course is $180 if you register 15 days prior to the workshop)
- Contact one of the Wapiti board members directly to discuss tuition reimbursement.